- Conference Dates: Friday, May 19, 2023 to Monday, May 22, 2023
- Early Bird Abstract Submission Deadline: December 20, 2022*
- Final Abstract Submission Deadline: March 03, 2023
- Results of abstract review returned to authors: Generally within four weeks
- Full conference registration fees due for all presenters: April 06, 2023
- Full conference paper submission (after the event): June 21, 2023
*Submit early to take advantage of the discounted registration rates. Learn more about our registration options.
The Organising Committee of The 13th Asian Conference on Asian Studies (ACAS) is calling for abstract submissions. To present your research at the conference your abstract must first pass double-blind peer review. Upon payment of registration fees, your attendance at the conference will be confirmed.
The ACAS Organising Committee welcomes papers from a wide variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives, and submissions are organised into the streams and substreams listed below:
- Indian and South Asian Studies
- South-East Asian Studies (including Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos)
- Central Asian Studies
- Chinese Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Korean Studies
- Martial Studies/Martial Arts
- Middle Eastern Studies (including Assyria, Iran, Egypt, Turkey)
- Islamic Studies
- Hebrew and Judaic Studies
- Comparative Studies of Asian and East Asian Studies
*Abstracts should address one or more of the streams above.
How to Submit Your Abstract
- Before you Begin
The corresponding author must collect and enter the following information for the abstract submission:
- Contact data - Correct spelling of first and last name, rank, affiliation, affiliation country
- Paper Title - Full paper title for the presentation
- Paper Abstract - 250-word abstract
- To submit, go to IAFOR's online submission system.
- Create your account. Your email address will be used as your username and you will be asked to create a password. Please be aware that the information you enter when creating your account will be used for official Letters of Acceptance, Letters of Invitation, and Conference Programmes, so please ensure correct spelling of names, affiliated institutions, and so forth.
- Submit your abstract (maximum 250 words), choosing from the presentation formats listed below (Oral, Poster, Panel, Workshop, Live-Stream, or Virtual).
- Submit well before the submission deadline in order to benefit from Early Bird or Advanced Registration rates.
- Your abstract will undergo double-blind peer review and the results will be returned to you generally within four weeks.
- If your abstract is accepted you will be invited to register for the conference.
- Upon payment of the registration fee, you will receive a confirmation email containing your official receipt.
Check on the status of your abstract submission by logging in to the online submission system. The status is displayed in the "Your Submissions" area. Your personal information may be edited at any time. If your paper is accepted for presentation at the conference, a notification email will be sent to your registered email address.
Authors as Reviewers: A Reciprocal System
Our academic events would not be what they are without a commitment to ensuring adherence to international norms of abstract peer review. IAFOR relies on a large number of international scholars from around the world to contribute to a shared vision of promoting and engaging in international, intercultural and interdisciplinary dialogue, and if you are taking part in an IAFOR event, then that would mean you. Authors may be asked to review up to five abstracts for the conference. You are under no obligation to participate in this reciprocal system, but if you are selected to review, and undertake this task of grading abstracts for the conference, you will be credited in the conference programme.
Because of the complexity of putting the Conference Programme together and the large numbers of participants involved, it is not usually possible to accommodate requests for specific presentation days or times. We ask that you reserve requests for religious reasons or other exceptional and unavoidable circumstances.
We encourage participants to attend the conference each day in order to benefit fully from the experience. While requests for specific presentation days or times are not accepted other than under exceptional circumstances, you may request one blackout day – a day on which you will not be scheduled to present at the conference.
Scheduling requests will not be accepted after the registration deadline.
If you wish your paper to be published in the Conference Proceedings, once you have registered please ensure that you upload your full paper through the online system by June 21, 2023.
Final papers are only accepted in Microsoft Word format. Before submitting your paper please ensure that you have read the Final Paper Guidelines and formatted your paper correctly.
The official Conference Proceedings will be published online in a PDF format under an ISSN issued by the National Diet Library of Japan on July 24, 2023.
Publication & Licensing Issues
IAFOR believes in “Open Access” publishing, and since 2009, has been committed to maintaining an online searchable research archive that offers free access to anyone, anywhere, where there is Internet access, regardless of institutional affiliation or scholarly rank. IAFOR publications are accessible on the website (Open Access) to researchers all over the world, completely free of charge and without delay or embargo. Authors and contributors are not required to pay charges of any sort towards the publication of IAFOR journals.
Abstracts, research papers, and video footage are published under an IAFOR user license and are protected by copyright. Users may access, download, copy, translate, text and data mine, redistribute, display or adapt the articles for non-commercial purposes provided that users follow the guidelines set out in the IAFOR User License.
Journals and other forms of print and digital media will be made available by IAFOR to the general public on an online, Open Access basis. By publishing their work with IAFOR, authors enter into an exclusive License Agreement, where they have copyright but license exclusive rights in their article to IAFOR as the publisher.